TERMS OF STAY
1. This document contains the main terms and conditions for the stay (the “Terms”) at Palace Hotel & Spa, Durrës (the “Hotel”).
2. These Terms are made available at the Hotel website, at each guest room and upon check-in. These Terms, with the exception of paragraphs 12 to 16 on reservations, which are immediately binding, become binding and enforceable at the moment of guest check-in.
3. Unless otherwise explicitly provided herein, this document does not contain terms for the services, other than the accommodation, that may be supplied during the stay at the Hotel.
4. These Terms apply to the person that has made a reservation at the Hotel, as well as to any other person accompanying him/her during the stay (jointly the “Guests”). The Guest on whose name a reservation is made, is responsible for the compliance with these Terms of Stay also by other accompanying Guests.
5. If a reservation has been made by a third party on behalf of a Guest, until the Guest check-in at the reserved time and date, pursuant to paragraph 17, the third party remains responsible vis-à-vis the Hotel for the obligations of paragraphs 12 to 16.
Prices and payments
6. The Guests are obliged to pay the prices applying to, or agreed on, for the reserved accommodation. This obligation applies also for the price of other services that may be rendered to and/or the expenses made by the Hotel upon the request of the Guests.
7. The Visitors have no right to retain the application of the same price applied to or agreed on for a reservation, if the Guests subsequently want to change the number, the type of the reserved rooms, and/or the period and duration of the Guests’ stay and the Hotel.
8. The price of other services that may be rendered by the Hotel shall be the price effective upon service receipt.
9. Invoices issued by the Hotel for accommodation and/or for other services and expenses made upon the request of the Guests shall become due and payable, without deduction, immediately upon their receipt.
10. The Hotel management may allow, at its sole discretion, the delayed payment of invoices, until the moment of the Guest check-out, at the reserved time and date, pursuant to paragraph 20.
11. In case of payment default with respect to one or more invoices, the Hotel is entitled to retain the security of paragraph 12, up to the due amount, and if necessary apply a daily late payment interest of 10% p.a, on all than outstanding amounts. The right for the Hotel to prove a higher damage is reserved.
12. Upon a reservation is made and/or upon Guest check-in, the Hotel is entitled to request a reasonable advance payment or security for the fulfilment of Guests obligations during the stay at the Hotel.
13. Unless for an advance payment reservation, the Hotel grants to the Guest the right to revoke a reservation at any time. In this respect, the Hotel is entitled to a reasonable compensation according to the cancellation terms offered upon making a reservation. The same applies in case of no show for check-in at the reserved time and date, pursuant to paragraph 17. For such purpose, the Hotel is entitled to retain the security given upon making the reservation.
14. The Hotel may cancel a confirmed reservation, without liabilities towards the Guests, if incorrect reservation data have been wilfully given, or the security that has been given results to be uncollectable, or the Guests result to be insolvent, or in case of Guest no show for check-in at the reserved time and date, pursuant to paragraph 18.
15. The Hotel may cancel a confirmed reservation, without liabilities towards the Guests, also in case of breach of paragraphs 21 and 22.
16. The Hotel may moreover cancel a confirmed reservation, in case of force majeure, or other circumstances which do not fall under the scope of responsibility of the Hotel make it impossible to offer the accommodation at the offered terms and standards. In these cases, the Hotel shall refund the given advances or security, without having further labilities.
Arrival, Stay and Departure
17. Unless otherwise provided in the reservation confirmation, booked rooms shall be at the Guests’ disposal starting from 15.00 on the arrival date.
18. Unless otherwise provided in the reservation confirmation, booked rooms shall be kept at the disposal of Guests on the arrival date by 18.00 at the latest. If the Guests do not show – up until then, the reservation may be cancelled under paragraph 14.
19. The Guests are not entitled to the provision of certain specific rooms unless the Hotel has confirmed the provision of certain rooms in writing
20. Unless otherwise provided in the reservation confirmation, booked rooms shall be vacated by Guests, and delivered at the Hotel’s free disposal on the date of departure, by 11.00 at the latest.
21. Guests are not allowed to make available an accommodation at the Hotel, in any way or at any title, to any third party, without the prior written consent of the Hotel management. The Hotel management reserves the right to refuse at any time the accommodation to any person that is not a Guest.
22. During the stay at the Hotel, Guests must comply with the law, with the Hotel rules, as well as with health and safety rules, moral and public order. Guests may not bring of keep at the Hotel dangerous or illegal goods.
23. The Hotel management reserves to refuse further accommodation to the Guests not accepting these Terms, or breaching requirements of paragraphs 21 and 22, and retain the security given upon making the reservation.
24. Unless a late check-out is permitted by the Hotel, if the room is not vacated by 11.00 of the date of departure, the Hotel may charge, beyond the damage incurred to it thereby, the overnight rate for the use of the room during the date of departure.
Liability of the Hotel
25. The Hotel is not liable for bodily injuries and/or damages to the property brought by Guests, occurring during the stay at the Hotel, unless and to the extent the damage proven by a court of law as a direct consequence of the fault of the Hotel and/or of its staff.
26. If the Guest is – even against payment – provided with a parking space in the Hotel, this shall not constitute the conclusion of a contract of hotel deposit, and the Hotel shall not have any surveillance obligations for the vehicles and property stored therein.
27. The Hotel recommends depositing cash and valuables at the reception. The Hotel is not liable for the loss of cash, security papers or valuables (jewellery etc.), if the Guests do not deliver then in deposit to the Hotel reception. The Hotel may refuse to take in deposit Guests’ property in case of dangerous goods or goods that due to their importance or the Hotel’s management circumstances are of relevant value or have a relevant size. The Hotel may demand that the property is securely wrapped or sealed by the Guest prior to its delivery for deposit.
28. The Hotel liability lapses if the Guests fail to immediately notify the Hotel on the occurrence of damage.
29. Changes or amendments to these Terms shall be made in writing by the Hotel and shall be made available pursuant to paragraph 2 above. Unilateral changes or modifications on the part of the Guests shall be invalid.
30. These Terms are governed by the Albanian Law. Any claim against the Hotel shall be exclusively brought in front of the competent court of the district court of Durrës, Albania. The Hotel is entitled to raise claims also at the courts having jurisdiction on the Guests.
31. If any provision of these Terms is found or declared by the court as not valid, than the provision shall be substituted by a valid provision, substantially replicating the original aim, without invalidating the remaining provisions hereto.
This post is also available in: English